The Value of Water
Right now, there are approximately 69,000 water and wastewater systems in the U.S. We all rely on them to bring us safe and clean water, but where does that water come from and how does it impact day-to-day life? For starters, 61% of Americans get their drinking water from lakes, rivers and streams while the other 39% rely on groundwater.
Since more than half of our earth is made up of water, it makes sense that it is at the center of everything we do, whether we know it or not. Water drives our economy, connects our communities and helps grow the food we eat. One-fifth of the U.S. economy would be put to a stop without clean sources of water. We rely on water for manufacturing, energy production and to transport materials around the world. Not to mention that water increases job opportunities. Every job created in the water industry adds another 3.68 jobs somewhere else in our country.
So, what can we do to ensure that water never runs out of style? You can help raise awareness of the value of water by downloading and posting this flyer in your local parks, community centers and schools. The more people know about how much water affects their lives, the more we can all be mindful about securing this precious resource.