Population: 11,900 plus College Population
Operations, maintenance and management of water and wastewater treatment facilities
Description of Facilities:
5.0 MGD membrane surface water treatment facility, 2.0 MGD activated sludge facility.
- TTHM reduction to meet Stage 2 rules
- Continued implementation of membrane filtration system
- Wastewater lagoon system
- Nearly 24 hour a day operation of water treatment plant
- Outdated industrial pretreatment program
- TTHM reduction to Stage 2 regulations, with improved usage of chemicals
- Changes made in scheduling to allow for a rotating schedule to allow all operators some weekends off, while also reducing overtime
- Changes to lagoon outfall structure to allow better usage of lagoon and reduce the amount of solids to the stream
- Assisted the city with the planning and construction of a new 2.0 MGD extended aeration facility
- Updated the pretreatment program to meet EPA standards
Maryville is a contract in Northwest Missouri acquired in 2006. It is a 5.0 MGD membrane filtration plant and gets its water from Lake Mozingo. They have two towers and use a combination of sodium permanganate, chlorine dioxide, and a Kruger flocculator to remove manganese, taste and odors, and TOC. The community just completed a new $12 million activated sludge facility. There are also five significant industrial contributors with various levels of pretreatment and reporting to oversee.