Accepting applications for a certified water/wastewater operator -or- someone who is very interested in a long-term, rewarding career!
Weeping Water’s wastewater treatment facility is a Nebraska Grade II activated sludge facility which includes one lift station and various sewer lines throughout the collection system. The Grade IV water system is comprised of three production wells with your typical mains, hydrants and valves making up the distribution system.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related equipment, such as blowers, pumps, etc.
- Must be able to perform various math calculations such as conversions, fractions, adding, subtracting and multiplication.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision with strong organization skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize the workload accordingly; therefore, must demonstrate initiative to ensure the job is completed and know what needs to be done to meet deadlines.
- Strong, courteous communication skills, both written and orally, using tact and diplomacy.
- Working knowledge and the ability to operate computerized systems and programs including a personal computer, Microsoft Office products and various applications and machines.
- Valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving record to be insurable under the Company’s Commercial Auto Policy.
- Required to live within 10-30 minutes of Weeping Water.
- Will be required to work weekends, holidays and be on-call. Must have the ability to respond to after-hour emergency call-outs.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Must have the tenacity to study and learn the industry to become a certified operator with the State of Nebraska.
- Nebraska Grade IV water certification.
- Nebraska Grade II wastewater certification.