Come join our team in Sandstone, MN!
The water plant consists of a pressure filter, 2 production wells, chemical addition units, and a backwash water reclamation tank with backup generator. The distribution system consists of various size mains, hydrants and valves. Sandstone’s wastewater collection system consists of 3 lift stations with submersible pumps, a main pumping station/office area, a 3-cell stabilization pond complex including a transfer pumping station, and 120′ of 24″ outfall effluent line.
- Minnesota Class C water/wastewater certifications preferred BUT must possess a Class D certification.
- 1-3 year’s experience in water/wastewater, AS degree in a WET program can substitute for experience.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related water/wastewater equipment, such as pumps, blowers, etc.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs, including a personal computer, Microsoft Office and various applications, etc.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time.
- Will be required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must have the ability to be on-call and respond to emergency callouts.