Accepting applications for a certified water/wastewater operator to work in our Hamilton/Gallatin location -OR- an individual who is looking to start a career in an industry that is considered essential during COVID.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Class B MO water license preferred but not required.
- Class D MO wastewater license preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record to operate company vehicle.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related water/wastewater equipment.
- Able to perform various math calculations.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize appropriately.
- Steadfast and ambitious to continually plan the workload without a lot of supervision.
- Strong, courteous communication skills, both written and orally.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs, including a personal computer, SCADA, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time of Hamilton/Gallatin.
- Required to work weekend, holidays and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must be able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Must have the desire to learn the industry and become certified or gain the required certification for the facility.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
The Hamilton water treatment plant is a Class B consisting of a primary rapid mix, primary up flow clarifier, a secondary rapid mix for caustic soda, an intermediate basin and four 77 square foot rapid sand filters. Five lagoons make up Hamilton’s wastewater treatment system. Gallatin’s wastewater treatment system is a Class C activated sludge facility with 2 final clarifiers, UV disinfection, an aerobic sludge digester tank, and a non-aerated sludge storage tank.