Seeking a certified water/wastewater operator or a strong mechanically minded individual looking for a long-term career with advancement opportunity.
For those that are certified, Monroe City’s water system is a conventional surface water treatment plan and the distribution system consists of 2 elevated storage tanks, valves and hydrants. The wastewater plant consists of an influent pump station with extended aeration, 2 storm water overflow basins, final clarifier, aerobic sludge digester and 2 sludge storage basins. The collection system consists of various interceptor mains, manholes and 7 lift stations. This is a 6-person facility.
If not certified in the industry, this is an excellent opportunity to learn the industry. PeopleService will provide on-the-job-training as well as assist you in becoming certified in water, wastewater and distribution as you gain advancements. Water/wastewater is a career that is considered essential to the health of consumers and the environment; therefore, during COVID we were not furloughed because the citizens rely on water to fight the spread.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- MO water and/or wastewater certification preferred but not required.
- MO distribution certification helpful.
- Excellent troubleshooting and mechanical skills to repair water/wastewater equipment, such as pumps, blowers, etc.
- Computer knowledge required with experience in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of math concepts, such as fractions, conversions, adding, subtracting, etc.
- Ability to recognize discrepancies and driven to understand why.
- Required to possess a valid driver’s license with clean record. Will be required to obtain a CDL.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time of Monroe City. If live within 10 minutes, company vehicle will be provided to/from work/home. If outside 10 but within 30, will be able to take vehicle home when on-call for a one-week period every 6 weeks.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Initiative to complete tasks without being reminded or asked, learn the industry, find ways to improve self and/or the team, and become a valuable asset to the team by fostering teamwork and dedication.
- Driven customer service skills, both written and orally.
- If uncertified, interviewed applicants will complete a math and written test.