Seeking a certified water/wastewater operator or an individual who possesses strong mechanical skills to work in our Malvern, Iowa hub. The Malvern Hub provides water/wastewater, collections/distribution and meter reading to several small communities throughout southwest Iowa, such as Malvern, Silver City, Elliott, Hastings, Pacific Junction, Randolph and Risen Son. Most of the facilities consists of wells for their water treatment and lagoons for wastewater. Risen Son is a Class II activated sludge facility. In addition, this location assists in meter reading in Carter Lake, Iowa.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Iowa Class I water and/or wastewater certification strongly preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months. (NOTE: Salary dependent on experience and certification)
- Strong mechanical experience working on pumps, blowers and related equipment required. Work experience doing plumbing, pipefitting, or industrial water/wastewater is a good foundation for this position.
- Must have working knowledge of common hand and power tools, such as shovel, wrench, detection devices, etc.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – must possess strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize the workload to meet our contractual obligations, as well as a strong desire to get the job done right and know what needs to be done.
- Self-motivated to learn the industry and if uncertified become certified in water and wastewater.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs, including a personal computer and Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record to operate company vehicle. Will be given a vehicle to drive to/from work home.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time to respond to after-hour emergency callouts; therefore, must be able to respond.
- Required to be on-call for a one-week period every 3rd week, including performing weekend rounds.
- Interviewed candidates will be given a math and written test.