Excellent opportunity for an entry-level certified water/wastewater operator OR someone looking for a long-term career with advancement opportunities!
PeopleService will provide on-the-job training and assist in becoming certified by the State of Missouri in wastewater.
The water treatment consists of a primary rapid mix, primary up-flow clarifier, a secondary rapid mix for caustic soda, an intermediate basin and four 77 square foot rapid sand filters. Five lagoons make up the wastewater treatment system.
Pay is based on certification level and experience. Uncertified applicants will be given a math and writing test during the interview process to evaluate ability to perform analyses and provide effective written communication.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- MO water, wastewater, and/or distribution certification preferred but not required at time of hire.
- 1-3 years’ related work experience (plumbing, pipelaying, industrial treatment, etc.)
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related equipment and pipes.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels including regulatory representatives, engineers, clients, customers and co-workers.
- Must be available for on-call rotation for emergency situations, including weekend rounds.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined to work independently.
- Capable of working methodically and accurately.
- Ability to operate computer systems and interpret software requirements; i.e., Microsoft Office, iPhone, Diggers Hotline, company maintenance program and timekeeping systems.