Accepting applications for an entry-level certified water/wastewater operator OR someone who is wanting a career and willing to dedicate themselves to learning and testing to become certified.
Bethany’s water system consists of 3 raw storage lakes, a conventional surface water plant and 2 clear wells. The wastewater is an activated sludge treatment plant with an aerobic sludge digester. Collections and distribution duties are included in this contract with repair and maintenance of various mains, valves and hydrants. Sludge land application is used for removal of treated wastewater.
The work environment requires the position to be a professional dedicated to ensuring water produced is of a healthy quality to users and treated wastewater does not degrade the environment. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking for a long-term career and are willing to dedicate themselves to learning and testing to become a certified water, wastewater and distribution operator. PeopleService will provide on-the-job training as well as pay for all testing requirements to become certified in the industry.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record to operate company vehicle. If you live within 10 minutes of Bethany, you will be taking a company vehicle home every night.
- Must live within a 10-30-minute response time for quick response to after-hour emergency callouts.
- Strong mechanical knowledge to repair and maintain water/wastewater equipment such as blowers, pumps, sewer and water mains.
- Required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule, which will include holidays.
- Must be able to operate a PC with experience using Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Demonstrate initiative to get the job done the right way, as well as dedicated to gaining state certification in water, wastewater and distribution.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service to clients, therefore, must be able to communicate using tact and diplomacy.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to the job because water must continue to flow to customer’s taps 24/7/365.
We offer a comparable compensation package with benefits beginning on date of hire.