Seeking a certified water/wastewater operator to work in our Humboldt, Nebraska contract. Will consider uncertified applicants who possess a strong mechanical background to repair pumps and blowers.
Humboldt’s water consists of 2 production wells, while the Class II wastewater treatment facility is an activated sludge process. We are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the distribution and collection system as well.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related water/wastewater equipment, such as pumps, blowers, etc.
- Must be able to perform various math-calculations such as conversions, fractions, adding, substracting and multiplication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize the work appropriately.
- Must have the initiative to ensure the job is complete and we are meeting our contractual obligations.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record to operate company vehicle to/from work/home.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time for responding to after-hour emergencies.
- Will be required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Possession of a NE Class IV water and/or Class II wastewater preferred but not required at time of hire, but must have the desire to learn the industry and do what it takes to become certified and obtain the required certifications.