Accepting applications for our Humboldt, Iowa location. Excellent opportunity for a seasoned water/wastewater operator or for someone who is looking for a long-term career with an excellent company who provides comparable compensation package and wanting to work with a team of water/wastewater professionals who enjoy their job, work together as a cohesive team and will provide on-the-job training.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Iowa water and/or wastewater certification preferred but not required.
- Strong mechanical experience working on pumps, blowers and related equipment required. Work experience doing plumbing, pipefitting, or industrial water/wastewater is a good foundation for this position.
- Must have working knowledge of common hand and power tools, such as shovel, wrench, detection devices, etc.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – must possess strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize the workload to meet our contractual obligations, as well as a strong desire to get the job done right and know what needs to be done.
- Self-motivated to learn the industry and if uncertified become certified in water and wastewater.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs, including a personal computer and Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record to operate company vehicle. Will be given a vehicle to drive to/from work home if within 10 minute response time.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time to respond to after-hour emergency callouts; therefore, must be able to respond.
- Required to be on-call based on a rotating schedule, which includes performing weekend rounds at various locations.
- Interviewed candidates will be given a math and written test.
DESCRIPTION OF FACILITY: The water treatment is a lime softening plant consisting of filters, clarifiers, pumps, pipeline valves, and controls along with clear wells, minimal lime sludge storage at the treatment site. There are 2 spring wells and 1 well as the source of water production. Chemical treatment is chlorine, fluoride, sodium aluminate, lime and Co2. The wastewater treatment facility is a Bio-lac activated sludge plant with reed bed sludge digestion.