Accepting applications for a certified water/wastewater operator or someone who is wanting to start a career in the industry.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- MN water and/or wastewater certification preferred but not required.
- MN Type IV bio-solids certification required for position but not at time of hire.
- Strong mechanical experience working pumps, blowers, and related equipment required.
- Working experience in plumbing, pipefitting or industrial water/wastewater is a good foundation for this position.
- Must have working knowledge of common hand and power tools, such as shovel, wrench, detection devices, etc.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – must possess strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize the workload to meet our contractual obligations as well as strong desire to get the job done right the first time, and know what needs to be done without a lot of reminders.
- Self-motivated to learn the industry and if uncertified become State certified in water/wastewater.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs, including a PC with Microsoft Products.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record to operate company vehicle.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time.
- Required to be on-call based on a 3-person rotating schedule, which includes performing weekend rounds and must be able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
Dodge Center is an oxidation ditch with clarifiers and an aerated sludge storage tank. There are 5 lift stations throughout the collection system. Claremont has 3 water production wells; sand filter with chemical addition; and there are mains, valves and hydrants in the distribution system. The wastewater collection consists of a lift station with force-main to treatment plant. The treatment used for the wastewater is activated sludge with clarifiers and chemical addition.