Accepting applications for a certified water/wastewater operator to work in our Beemer location. Beemer is a Class I wastewater treatment plant consists of an extended air activated sludge treatment plant with UV disinfection. The collection system is made up of various sized mains. The water treatment consists of 3 production wells with a 200,000 gallon elevated storage tower, and there are various sized mains, fire hydrants and valves out in the distribution system.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- NE IV water certification preferred but not required at time of hire.
- NE II wastewater certification preferred but not required at time of hire.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related water/wastewater equipment, such as pumps, blowers, etc.
- Must be able to perform various math calculations such as conversions, fractions, adding, substracting, and multiplication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; strong organization skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize appropriately; along with initiative to ensure the job is completed and know what needs to be done.
- Strong, courteous communication skills, both written and orally.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs, including a personal computer, Microsoft Office and various applications.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Required to live with a 10-30-minute response time.
- Required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore must have the ability to respond to after-hour emergency callouts. Will be required to carry a company cell phone to assist in various emergency situations.