Seeking a certified Class II water/wastewater operator to work in our new contract with the City of Beemer, Nebraska. Incumbent will maintain a variety of equipment and instruments used to sample and measure water quality – such as various valves and pumps; performing lab analyses; reading, interpreting and adjusting meters and gauges to ensure plant equipment is operating efficiently. In addition, will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of the water distribution and wastewater collections systems.
ALL applicants will be REQUIRED to complete a company application which can be completed in two ways – online or printing out a paper application and faxing it to 402-344-4799 or emailing to email@example.com
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Nebraska Class IV water certification.
- Nebraska Class II wastewater certification.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record to operate company vehicle.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related equipment, such as pumps, blowers, etc.
- Able to perform various math-calculations such as conversions, fractions, adding, subtracting and multiplication and able to recognize variances.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize appropriately.
- Initiative to ensure the job is completed and know what needs to be done without a lot of instruction.
- Strong, courteous communication skills, both written and orally.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs, including a personal computer, Microsoft Office, and various other applications.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time.
- Will be required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must have the ability to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Must regularly lift/move up to 25 pounds occasionally and lift/move up to 100 pounds.