Accepting applications for a certified wastewater operator to work in our New Richland location. New Richland’s wastewater treatment facility is a Class B treatment facility consisting of a trickling filter, aeration basin, two final clarifiers, anaerobic digester, chlorine contact chamber and sludge storage tank. The collection system consists of three lift stations and various size lines and interceptors.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- MN wastewater certification, prefer a Class B but will consider lower certifications.
- Bio-solids certification helpful but not required at time of hire – will be required to obtain within 1 year.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related wastewater equipment, such as pumps and blowers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects with the ability to prioritize accordingly.
- Demonstrated initiative to ensure the job is completed and to know what needs to be done.
- Strong courteous communication skills, both written and orally.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs, including a personal computer, Microsoft Office and various applications.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time.
- Will be required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must have the ability to be on-call and respond to emergency callouts.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.