Accepting applications for a Class B wastewater operator to work in our New Richland contract or ability to obtain. New Richland’s treatment plant is a trickling filter plant with Parshall flume, lift station, primary settling tank, aeration basin, two final clarifiers, and anaerobic digester. The collection systems consists of 3 lift stations and various mains.
PeopleService would consider applicants who have lower certification level or none at all. If not certification or no formal training in wastewater, PeopleService will provide the necessary on-the-job learning and cover the costs of various training materials to become certified. So, this is an excellent opportunity to learn a new career where you can grow!
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- MN Wastewater certification preferred, but will consider lower certifications or none at all.
- Bio-solids certification helpful but not required at time of hire.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair related wastewater equipment, such as pumps, blowers, etc.
- Must be able to perform various math-calculations such as conversions, fractions, adding, subtracting, and multiplications.
- Knowledge of small hand or power tools, such as shovel, plumbing wrenches, etc.
- Must be comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize the workload accordingly.
- Demonstrated initiative to ensure the job is completed and know what needs to be done.
- Strong courteous communications skills, both in written and verbal form.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs.
- MUST possess a valid driver’s license with clean record to operate a company vehicle to/from work/home.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time of New Richland.
- Will be required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Must be dedicated to become certified as a Class B wastewater operator within established timeframe.