Accepting applications for a candidate who possess 1-3 years’ work experience in pump repair, plumbing, pipelaying, or repairing farm-related equipment to work in the Garrison Sewer District in Minnesota. Incumbent will be responsible for maintenance and repair of 27 lift stations throughout the sewer district in order to keep raw sewage and/or storm water flowing.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Ideal candidate would possess 1-3 years’ work experience in pump repair, plumbing, pipelaying, or repairing farm-related equipment.
- Associates degree in a WET program can substitute for experience.
- Wastewater certification helpful but not required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to repair pumps and blowers required.
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral form, to respond to customer/client inquiries using tact and diplomacy while presenting a professional image and delivering excellent customer service.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential, as well as self-motivation and initiate to get the work done that needs to be completed without a lot of supervision.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record to operate company vehicle.
- Must live within a 10-30-minute response time.
- Required to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must be able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Computer knowledge is required with experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 100#, comfortable working in all weather conditions and able to enter confined spaces.