Accepting applications for a Minnesota Class B water operator who also possess B or C wastewater certification to work in our Virginia, MN location. Virginia’s water treatment facility is a surface water designed to treat 5 mgd. The wastewater facility is 5 mgd activated sludge treatment process with chemical addition for phosphorous, UV disinfection, mechanical screen and grit removal, followed by 2 primary clarifiers and tertiary filters. The anerobic digester is processed through a belt press for dry storage prior to land application.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- MN Class B water certification or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- MN Class B wastewater or ability to obtain within established timeframe.
- 4-6 years’ experience in the water and/or wastewater industry.
- Ability to work independently utilizing excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize the workload.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both orally and written, to delivery professional services in a well-organized, courteous and effective manner to clients, customers, vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to operate computer and related software, such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response time of Virginia.
- Ability to respond to after-hour emergencies, work weekends and holidays based on a rotating schedule.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record (no DUIs or excessive violations in the past 3 years).