We are looking for a Payroll Coordinator to manage all payroll activities and ensure the timely and accurate payment of employee wages. The Payroll Coordinator will ensure the collection of all necessary information and documents, computer wages, and investigate and resolve any payroll issues or discrepancies.
To be successful as a Payroll Coordinator you should be able to efficiently coordinate payroll tasks and strictly follow all company, federal, state and local regulations and laws.
- Coordinate, collect and verify employee timekeeping to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain various payroll tables in the HRIS/PY computer system.
- Develop and implement audits for payroll processes and procedures.
- Manage problem resolution on a day-to-day basis regarding the processing of payroll.
- Compute wages, deductions, commissions, benefits, etc. in accordance with company policy.
- Record and update payroll information to maintain employee records and payroll transactions.
- Prepare statements reflecting earnings, taxes and deductions.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, relevant industry regulations, tax and deduction laws, which could include garnishments, child support orders and tax levies.
- Stay well informed regarding local, state and federal laws to ensure compliance.
- Reconcile and ensure accuracy of payroll data related to general ledger accounts.
- Coordinate with HR and management on various extended off duty leave.
- Input and coordinate the transfer of deductions to outside vendors.
- Prepare payroll reports for management and auditing purposes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by exercising confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration OR equivalent experience in a similar role.
- 2-3 years minimum prior experience performing payroll processing. Experience with ADP or Kronos preferred.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of FLSA and DOL.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience using computers and business applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be flexible, self-motivated and able to manage several projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form.