Seeking applications for a strong mechanically-minded individual who has experience on repairing blowers, pumps, etc. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the water/wastewater industry and gain a long-term career. PeopleService will provide on-the-job-training and help you become certified in water and wastewater. The water/wastewater field is growing due to retirements, so you can see it is a career that people stay in for many years – because no two days are the same and it offers challenges.
Maryville’s water treatment plant consists of 3 vertical turbine raw pumps, a 5 MGD Xenon Zeeweed ultrafiltration membrane system with 3 primary trains and 1 auxiliary train. In addition there are 3 high service pumps and a 3-cell water reservoir system used for storing backwash disposal. The wastewater treatment plant is a mechanical plant. There are 5 employees working at this facility.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical skills to repair and maintain water/wastewater treatment equipment, such as pumps and blowers.
- Valid drivers license with clean record to operate company-provided vehicle.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time of Maryville.
- The work schedule is typically the day shift; however, must be flexible for other shifts depending on water production or scheduling needs. Must also be willing to work weekends, holidays and on-call as part of your shift.
- Must be self-motivated with the readiness and ability in initiating action.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize the workload.
So come work for us in this rapid growing industry!