Accepting applications for an individual who can demonstrate initiative to get the job done right the first time, someone who enjoys daily challenges and wanting a long-term career with growth opportunities as a water/wastewater operator.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- MN Class D water and/or wastewater certification preferred but not required.
- Strong mechanical experience working on pumps, blowers and related equipment required. Work experience doing plumbing, pipefitting, or industrial water/wastewater is a good foundation for this position.
- Must have working knowledge of common hand and power tools, such as shovel, wrench, detection devices, etc.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – must possess strong organizational skills to handle multiple projects and prioritize the workload to meet our contractual obligations, as well as a strong desire to get the job done right and know what needs to be done.
- Self-motivated to learn the industry and if uncertified become certified in water and wastewater.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate computerized systems and programs, including a personal computer and Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record to operate company vehicle. Will be given a vehicle to drive to/from work/home if within 10 minute response time.
- Required to live within a 10-30-minute response to time to respond to after-hour emergency callouts; therefore, must be able to respond 24/7.
- Required to be on-call based on a rotating schedule, which includes performing weekend rounds at various locations.
- Interviewed candidates will be given a math and written test.
Description of Facility:
The wastewater collection systems consists of 2 odor control stations; 4 lift stations and the Green Isle collection system consists of 2 lift stations. Arlington’s Class B Bio-P wastewater treatment plant contains 3 raw sewage screw lift pumps, mechanical bar screen, aqua wash press unit, mechanical grit removal, 1 anaerobic basin, 1 anoxic basin, 5 aeration basins, ferric chloride injection mixer, 3 final clarifiers, a gravity thickener, 2 stabilization storage tanks, 2 bio-solid storage tanks, and a bio-solids load out station. The plant is designed to treat an average dry-weather flow of 304,000 gpd. The Class C water system consists of 2 wells, a gravity filter plant, 2 clear well finished water reservoirs with chlorine, potassium permanganate, fluoride and orthophosphate for corrosion control.