Accepting applications for a certified water, wastewater or distribution licensed operator OR a strong mechanically-minded individual to work in Missouri Valley Hub.
Missouri Valley is a Grade II water system comprised of 3 production wells while the wastewater is made up of lagoons. Distribution, collections and meter reading are a requirement of the job. The Missouri Valley Hub will be stationed at Missouri Valley but will provide assistance to other surrounding contracts.
Some of the duties include:
- Manage a system of machines often through the use of control boards to transfer or treat water or wastewater by adding chemicals to disinfect water.
- Inspect, maintain and repair equipment to ensure proper operation – such as blowers and pumps.
- Monitor gauges and meters and accurately report readings.
- Accurately read utility water meters, perform turn-ons/turn-offs as directed.
- Repair sewer and water lines, which may including using hand tools to dig, shore up and various plumbing-type hand tools to repair pipe.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Water, Wastewater or distribution certification help but not required at time of hire.
- Able to perform math calculations using fractions and problem-solving.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to repair related equipment.
- Valid driver’s license to operate company vehicle.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time.
- Ability to be on-call for a 7-day period including weekends based on a 3-person rotating schedule.
- Able to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to this position.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both in oral and written form, to provide professional and courteous customer service.
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces, around chemicals, in various heights and terrain, around unpleasant odors and in all weather conditions.